Through strategic partnerships, innovation, and intentional focus, CSCF accomplished amazing things in the first quarter of the 2018-19 program year. Navigating strategic efforts in developing programs that are relevant and valuable to the business and the community has led to services that better meet the unique needs of more than 16,000 individuals who received service in the first quarter.
CSCF kicked off the year by launching strategies to drive a stronger impact and build meaningful relationships with businesses and career-seekers to help achieve the Board’s priorities in meeting the demands of six high-growth industries.
In the first quarter, more than 870 businesses – 78% repeatedly used our serves – were served and nearly 1,200 individuals are now enrolled in training in one of the six sectors as a result of the more strategic and laser-focused approach guided by the Board.
Some additional first quarter highlights include:
- Average Hourly Wage
- CSCF’s goal is to place individuals in jobs earning $15 per hour or more – the current average of those CSCF has placed is $14.66, with the highest average hourly wages in Trade, Logistics, and Utilities at $17.60.
- Youth Summer Program
- This summer, CSCF received an outstanding number of applicants, 938 to be exact.
- At the start of the program, 481 students were ready to tackle their internships and prepare for their future.
- A total of 441 students completed the program for a 92% success rate for the Youth Summer Program.
- Lake Career Center Relocation
- CSCF’s Lake Center will be moving to Lake-Sumter State College (9909 U.S. Highway 441, Building M #29, Leesburg, FL 34788) early next year. This new location will provide a direct connection with students needing support in finding career opportunities in the high-growth industries.
For more detailed information on CSCF’s first quarter results, please view CSCF’s first quarter video below.