- This event has passed.
September 20 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent. Must have State of Florida “D” Security License. Must have Valid Class E Driver’s License.
Security guards and gaming surveillance officers Security guards and gaming surveillance officers patrol and protect property against theft, vandalism, terrorism, and illegal activity.
- Protect and enforce laws on an employer’s property
- Monitor alarms and closed-circuit TV (CCTV) cameras
- Control access for employees and visitors
- Conduct security checks over a specified area
- Write reports on what they observed while on duty
- Serve as witnesses for court testimony
- Detain violators Security guards, also called security officers, protect property, enforce rules on the property, and deter criminal activity.
- Assigned a stationary position from which they monitor alarms or surveillance cameras.
- Assigned a patrol area where they conduct security checks.
Gaming surveillance officers and gaming investigators act as security agents for casinos. Using audio and video equipment in an observation room, they watch casino operations for suspicious activities, such as cheating and theft, and monitor compliance with rules, regulations, and laws.
- Maintain and organize recordings from security cameras, which are sometimes used as evidence in police investigations.
- Guards and officers must remain alert, looking out for anything unusual. In an emergency, they are required to call for assistance from police, fire, or ambulance services. Some security guards are armed.
A security guard’s responsibilities vary from one employer to another.
- In retail stores, guards protect people, records, merchandise, money, and equipment.
- Work with undercover store detectives to prevent theft by customers and employees, detain shoplifting suspects until the police arrive, and patrol parking lots.
- In office buildings, banks, hotels, and hospitals, guards maintain order and protect the organization’s customers, staff, and property.
- Guards who work in museums and art galleries protect paintings and exhibits by watching people and inspecting the contents of patrons’ handbags.
- In factories, government buildings, and military bases, security guards protect workers and equipment and check the credentials of people and vehicles entering and leaving the premises.
- Guards working in parks and at sports stadiums control crowds, supervise parking and seating, and direct traffic.
- Security guards stationed at the entrances to bars and nightclubs keep underage people from entering, collect cover charges, and maintain order among customers. Security guards working in schools and universities patrol the buildings and grounds, looking for suspicious activity.
Work Schedule: To be discussed with employer.
Salary Range: $9.50 to $11.50 DOE (Depending on Experience)
To Apply: apply company website and attend hire events.
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
- September 20
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Hiring Event