How To Be a Training Provider
How to become a CSCF approved training provider:
The workforce development system established under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act emphasizes informed consumer choices, job-driven training, provider performance, and continuous improvement. The quality and selection of providers and training services programs is vital to achieving these core principles.
Both new and existing training providers must comply with certain requirements as part of the process. New providers will be limited to 10 enrollments until performance levels can be determined. Existing providers and programs will be evaluated annually for performance, including completion and placement rates.
Who can qualify as an eligible training provider?
- Institutions of higher education (eligible to receive Title IV funding) that provide a program which leads to a recognized post-secondary credential for occupations listed on the regional targeted occupation list.
- Entities that carry out programs registered under the National Apprenticeship Act
- Public/Private Providers, such as joint labor-management organizations
- Community based organizations, which provide occupational skills training to the public
- Adult Education and Literacy Activities that are provided in combination with occupational skills training
- Institutions currently licensed by the Florida Department of Education Commission for Independent Education (CIE)
Providers must also:
- Be in current good standings with their accrediting agency
- Participate in the Florida Education & Training Placement Information Program (FETPIP)
If I become a training provider what can I expect?
- Approved training providers are reviewed annually to ensure programs are meeting industry needs.
- Program completion and placement rates are reviewed to ensure the regional workforce boards are training for in-demand occupations that lead to successful outcomes.
- The training program must provide a national or industry-recognized credential
- CSCF funds up to $5,000 per student for training in targeted occupations.
- Occupations must be in demand and on the regional targeted occupation list.
- CSCF’s approved Training list is published in July and January of each fiscal year. Fiscal year is from July to June.
- CareerSource Central Florida submits all training provider information and its recommendation to the CSCF Board of Directors. If approved, the training provider and program will be added to the training list for the program year.
Training Provider Application Information:
- For consideration as a provider, Existing and New Training Providers must submit an application through the link below, during the application period. The application period for programs and providers seeking to be included for July 2018 is April 16 – May 13.
- New providers receive “Initial Eligibility” for only one (1) full year, after that they follow the “Existing Eligibility” process.
- Supply verifiable program-specific performance information. Specific program performance questions will be asked on the application.
- Successful performance is required to be considered for “Existing Eligibility” applications.
Training Program Eligibility Criteria
- Programs must be short term (completed in one year or less).
- The total cost of a program must be $8,000 or less.
- Programs must connect to occupations with 15-35% growth by 2025.
- In addition to continuing to support our existing training programs, CareerSource Central Florida is seeking new training programs within our targeted industries that meet the criteria above and also lead to careers that have an earning potential of at least $15/hr. The following list is based on growing trends and is subject to change as CSCF continues to evaluate local area needs.
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Surgical Technologists
- Radiologic Technician
- Respiratory Therapists
- Medical Equipment Preparers
- Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Brick masons and Block masons
- Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Plasterers and Stucco Masons
- Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- First-Line Supervisor of Construction and Extraction Workers
- Tile and Marble Setters
- Operating Engineers/Construction Equipment Operators
- Cost Estimators
- Leisure and Hospitality
- First-Line Supervisors of Food
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping/Janitorial Workers
- Banquet Preparation & Serving Workers
- Audio and Video Equipment Technicians
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- Professional and Business Services
- Billing and Posting Clerks
- Property, Real Estate & Community Association Managers
- Real Estate Agents/Brokers
- Customer Service Representative
- Trade, Logistics, and Utilities
- Flight Attendants
- Electrical Power-Line – Installers and Repairers
- Cargo and Freight Agents
- Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Airfield Operations Specialists
- Commercial Pilots
- Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics
- Motorcycle Mechanics
- Outdoor Power Equipment and Small Engine Mechanics
- Woodworking Machine Setters & Operators
- Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant & System Operators
- Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Assemblers and Fabricators
- Food Processing Workers
- Molders, Shapers, and Casters
- All programs must have successful performance. “Successful performance” means that the institution accurately follows CareerSource Central Florida financial procedures and the programs performance standards are:
- 75% completion rate of those enrolled in a program
- 75% placement rate of those completing a measurable portion of the training program
- Failure to meet performance by new and existing training programs may lead to the program being removed from the training list until the performance meets the requirements.
For further inquiries about training provider eligibility and inclusion in the regional training provider list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application opens on Monday, November 12th, 2018