CSCF is awarding career development scholarships, up to $7,000, for qualified candidates.
CSCF is offering training scholarship to help build skills and develop a path to a great career. Through this program, individuals can earn up to $7,000 to pursue training in one of 348 in demand career fields at 32 approved colleges and technical schools. The scholarships range from $1,500 to $7,000 depending on area of study, and do not require repayment.
Interested in pursuing this opportunity? The first step is to complete the short interest form at:
Once complete, you will immediately receive an email detailing the next steps including eligibility.
For a listing of the training courses, Click Here.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole or Sumter counties
- Registered for selective service (Males 18 and older)
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Valid social security number
Advanced Criteria: (Must meet one criteria)
Note: below are samples of the advanced criteria. If these do not apply to you, log onto WorkforceCentralFlorida.com/WIA for a complete list.
- Receiving Reemployment Assistance and unlikely to return to your previous industry or occupation
- Exhausted Reemployment Assistance benefits and unlikely to return to your previous industry or occupation
- Meet specific income guidelines
- Receiving food stamps or received food stamps within the past six months
- Receiving cash Welfare Transition benefits
Career development training scholarships are offered as part of the Workforce Investment Act. The act establishes the requirements necessary to participate in the program.